Frank J. Hanna is CEO of Hanna Capital in Atlanta, Georgia. He invests as a merchant banker in technology and financial services, and has started and sold a number of businesses over the last twenty-nine years. Prior to going into the investment business, he was a corporate attorney. He is featured in the PBS documentary, The Call of the Entrepreneur.
Mr. Hanna has been involved in education for the last 35 years. He has been instrumental in the foundation of thirteen new educational institutions, from preschool through post-secondary. He served as Chair of a Commission on Education Excellence under President George W. Bush.
He has been a frequent speaker to various groups and mass media regarding macroeconomics, education, and philanthropy. He is the author of two best-selling books: What Your Money Means, and A Graduate’s Guide to Life.
He currently serves on and advises the boards of numerous nonprofit organizations, both within the Catholic Church, and in the secular world, including the Papal Foundation, EWTN, the Acton Institute, and the American Enterprise Institute.
Mr. Hanna is the founder of the Solidarity Association. Of most significance, the Solidarity Association serves as Trustee of the Mater Verbi/Hanna Papyrus Trust, which safeguards in the Vatican Apostolic Library the oldest copy of the Gospel of Luke (and the oldest copy of the Lord’s Prayer) in the world.
In recognition of his charitable efforts, Mr. Hanna has received the William B. Simon Prize for Philanthropic Leadership, and the David R. Jones Award for Philanthropic Leadership. He is also a Knight of Malta, of the Holy Sepulchre, and was named a Knight of the Grand Cross of the Order of St Gregory by Pope Benedict XVI.
Speeches / Videos
- Benedict XVI Institute for Sacred Music and Divine Worship
- Cardinal Newman Society
- Carmelite Sisters of the Most Sacred Heart of Los Angeles
- Catholic Leadership Institute
- Catholic University of America
- Divine Mercy University
- Dynamic Catholic Institute
- Equestrian Order of the Holy Sepulchre
- Eternal Word Television Network
- FOCUS (Fellowship of Catholic University Students)
- Holy Spirit College
- The Ethics and Public Policy Center
- The Federalist Society
- The Hanna (Mater Verbi) Papyrus
- The Order of St. Gregory
- The Papal Foundation
- The Philanthropy Roundtable
- The Pontifical North American College
- The Sanctuary of Culture Foundation
- The School of Business and Economics of the Catholic University of America
- The Solidarity Association